Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a HVAC Installer in our Portland office. The HVAC Specialist works with others in Neil Kelly’s Home Performance Division on residential retrofits related to energy efficiency. We’re looking for someone who loves this work and is a good teammate.
- HVAC Specialists install and charge ductless heat pumps (DHP); install/remove gas and electric furnaces.
- Pull permits for all systems prior to installation. Ensure all final inspections are completed.
- Protecting customer’s property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property;
- Providing supervision when necessary
- Knowing and understanding all job related paper work, ie. permits, plans, change orders and specifications;
- Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Neil Kelly Company contracts with our clients and subcontractors.
- Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pickup and delivery of materials;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ mechanical experience,
- Valid Refrigeration and Brazing certifications.
- Experience with installation and charging of ductless mini-split systems, oil to gas Conversions, heat pumps, ductwork and gas piping is required.
- Experience with installation and charging zone systems, hot water heart installation and Fireplaces would be a plus.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be customer service orientated.
- Must be a team player, be dependable able to perform high quality work.
- Must speak, read, and understand English and be competent in construction math.
- Experience with installing Mitsubishi and Trane products a big plus.
Neil Kelly will pay a $2,000 signing bonus available to Journeymen who can run work; $500 after 30 days, $500 after 90 days and $1,000 after 6 months. For this position Neil Kelly provides a company vehicle, gas card and provides mileage reimbursement. Basic hand and power tools are a necessary condition of this position but all specialty tools will be provided. This is a weekly paid position. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive wage compensation ranging from $25 -$34 per hour depending on experience, and good benefits such as healthcare coverage and retirement plan.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com