Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced PV Installer in our Portland office. The PV Installer is responsible for directing the installation team, coordinating with onsite electricians, communicating job status data to the project manager and ensuring the completion and maintenance of the installation of all solar arrays/systems. The PV Installer reports directly to the Home Performance Project Manager who reports to the General Manger of the Home Performance / Solar Division.
This is a full-time position aimed to be 40 hours per week, but with work hours varying with project volume. Steady work/production is scheduled for the next 6 months and the work is anticipated to be steady long after that. Work hours are typically 7:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday. This is an hourly waged position with a weekly payday. This position is eligible for the regular Neil Kelly benefits package.
- Pulling inventory for each installation job.
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse.
- Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware.
- Mechanical / structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
- Completing all documentation for completed installations.
- Jobsite clean-up.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Additional duties required as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have experience with solar installation.
- Must be comfortable on roofs and using ladders.
- Must abide by Neil Kelly safety standards and practices.
- Must have the ability to work well with a team.
- Must have the ability to carry, lift, climb, crawl, stoop, squat, push, pull, haul and be able to lift 50-75 lbs. on a regular basis,
Neil Kelly PV Installers provide their own vehicle and must have license, insurance, and a good driving record. This position receives mileage and cell phone reimbursement. Regular travel between offices and jobsites is also required. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a waged position with benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.